Eek! So excited to be home tomorrow and to see all my favorite people. I just loved all the new pictures of Hazel! I’ve had a week of unexpected delights too! These included:
- Josh being surprisingly adorable and funny coming out from under his anesthesia for getting his wisdom teeth removed… a super trooper and an ideal patient according to Dr. Abe
- Our landlord announcing he’s moving back into our house and Josh and I finding a new house with a bigger garage and an upstairs with a tiny deck big enough for a pool chair! :D
- A lot of fun taking my first real American train trip from Portland to Seattle with gorgeous views, a comfy business class seat, and good food
- Great stranger help from a nice, huge, tall black guy who was a Seattle native and helped me find my way from the Amtrak station to the train to the airport. Not only was he a gentleman and everything you would hope for at 11 pm on a Friday night with three bags, but he also has Middlebury alumni friends in Portland he said I could meet!
- A quiet, comfortable, safe, warm night of sleep in the SeaTac chapel. :)
See you all soon!